Tuesday 17 September 2013

Sewing plans for September and October



Source
2013 has three and a half month left, and, once more, I have revised my sewing plans. I feel I have made a good dent on my ongoing projects, when I look back I realize that I have finished quite a lot this year. But with such a great backlog of projects, well, I guess one year isn’t enough to fix it. Many projects are still in the “almost done”-category and my goal for the rest of September and October are to finish one project every week. That is my ambition, at least.

Week 38, this week
Finish:
The striped 1790’s gown. The sleeves needs to be hemmed and drawstrings to be attached.

Continue to work on:
The reversible raincoat. Pockets to attach, hemming and closure.
Matching wool skirt. To be hemmed
Brown silk noil blouse. Sleeves left as well as zipper and hemming.

Week 39
Finish:
The reversible raincoat

Continue to work on:
Matching wool skirt.
Brown silk noil blouse
1640’s purple bodice.

 
Week 40
Finish:
Matching wool skirt

Continue to work on:
Brown silk noil blouse.
1640’s purple bodice.

Start
40’s style fake fur coat

Week 41
Finish:
Brown silk noil blouse.

Continue to work on:
1640’s purple bodice.
40’s style fake fur coat
18th century blue stays. Needs some additional boning and to be bound at the edges
Source

Week 42
Finish:
18th century blue stays.

Continue to work on:
1640’s purple bodice.
40’s style fake fur coat
Brown wool jacket. Second fitting

Week 43
Finish:
40’s style fake fur coat

Continue to work on:
1640’s purple bodice.
Brown wool jacket
Maroon wool skirt. Needs to be hemmed

Week 44
Finish:
Maroon wool skirt

Continue to work on:
1640’s purple bodice.
Brown wool jacket

Start
Grey wool blouse

I’m going to focus more on my ordinary wardrobe than my historical one, but I still want to finish a few of those as well. You may think that there are a lot of projects to work on in one single week, but I know from experience that I need to change projects as I tend to get bored when just working on one. Some of them are in need of machine stitching and some hand sewing, which is another reason for the need of more than one project. I always sew when I watch the TV, so I always need something that is suitable for hand sewing. I will start a few new projects, but they are still projects that have been planned for a long time and fits well into my winter needs when it comes to clothes.

Source
By the end of October I will need to plan the last two months of the year and also look back and see how much of this I will be able to accomplish.

4 comments:

bani said...

Don't forget to make sure that there is something good to watch on tv or you'll never get around to the hand-sewing at all... ;)

Isis said...

bani: I don't watch regular TV much but rather movies or TV-series on DVD, so that is usually not a problem. :)

bani said...

Där har du tur - jag är en sådan som vill kolla på tv när jag stryker och ingenting blir ju struket nånsin för det är ju aldrig något på när man vill titta och att sätta på något från boxen eller dvdn är så svååååårt. ;)

Isis said...

bani: När jag stryker vill jag lyssna på musik. :) Jag jobbar skift så det är i princip omöjligt att följa serier, så jag är van att vänta tills det jag vill se kommer ut på DVD och tittar då. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...